Serendipity

Monday, October 23, 2006

Complete...

Tiffany – My Love, My Treasure, My Everything

“Organisationally I love you through my behaviour coz politically you are my hubby but perpetually not accepted coz yet to legally be married"

11th Aug 2006 15:50:41


This post is just as how you would have predicted from the title, an ultimate declaration of love. Why so? Because she’s worth every ounce of it. We met, of all places, in a pub. Yes, the brutality of the truth, a pub my friends, that was the beginnings of this love story. Not your usual romance spot like a library or park or ice-cream stand, but a loud, eardrum-mutilating, smoke-infested, alcohol-smelling pub.

Yet under all these distractions, she appealed to me. The feeling probably wasn’t reciprocated yet, I mean, look at me. She was a friend’s friend, and it was another friend’s friend birthday bash. Kinda like a Friendster in reality, you don’t know anyone but somehow, through the web of friends, you’re amazingly connected to everyone.

So we talked, joked and drank a little. We shared a cab back to the east and talk even more. I was drawn to her simplicity, how she giggled at everything, how she sneered at bad drivers, how her eyes stay so intrigued during our conversations. She was different, special and unique in her own ways. And yes, she made my heart tremble. It was pounding, beat for beat as it screamed to me, “Don’t you dare screw this up!” After dropping her off at her place, I carried on the journey home. I enjoy the company of honest cabbies, they really make your day sometimes.

Cabbie: Good to see youngsters still send their girlfriends home

Me: No uncle, she’s not my girlfriend


Cabbie: Ah? Then what you waiting for?


Me: Huh, no la…

Cabbie: Boy…you like her?

Me: Sort of, but we just met.

Cabbie: But I can sense she likes you


Me: How? (this dude reads minds?)


Cabbie: Can la, uncle more experienced than you.

Me: Really?


Cabbie: If you like, don’t scared, ask her out, uncle guarantee she’ll go out with you


Me: Ha… ok I’ll ask her for a movie someday


Cabbie: No no no… movie cannot, go to the beach, rent bicycle then go cycling together, ah..like that

Me: Ok I’ll keep that in mind…(I was sniggering under my breath)


No one knows about this conversation I had with the cabbie, not even Tiffany. Oh well, this is a declaration. As I left the cab, the million-dollar question struck. “Is she attached?” I pondered over that as I took my shower, then it occurred to me, I knew her name, her block and that was it. I had no numbers, no email, nothing. Hopes were grinded into dust, I collapsed onto my bed, practically pinching myself for making a complete blunder of this. I sighed, lit a cigarette and puffed myself to sleep.

My mobile wailed the next morning; it was a thank you message from her. I felt stupefied, my eyes in absolute awe. Didn’t bother questioning how she got it, the fact was she did and now I have hers. The blessing was evident. We went out, talked, shared drinks and opinions, debated and laughed. She presents a strong, street-smart image and amidst that, centralises a certain naive ness that makes every conversation so alluring. I’ve never been a really good talker, with her I never need to. She guides the conversation, prompting me to speak and hushing when she needs silence. Yet throughout our meetings, she respects my views, my time and my being.

We went for a holiday together, thereafter, we never looked back. Like a meadow blossoming beneath the springtime sunshine, our relationship strengthened, bit-by-bit it grew, in trust, in faith, in serenity. Attraction became passion and passion became love. Now, for lack of a better word, I believe what we have has evolved into a certain infatuation. Almost addictive, hardly paranoid, but simply seductive. She has taken a place in my heart, secured it and made it her own. Even being far away, I feel her presence close within me. My light in times of darkness, my hope in times of despair. Openly embracing me, accepting my flaws, appreciating my gestures, unifying our souls. Laying honesty and support for the creation of affection and the foundations of a future.

Describe it in a word? Complete. Definitely complete.


Darling

Oh when you look at me, you’re eyes are all that I see
And when you smile to me, it brings me down to my knees

Your touch your sweet caress, are all I dream to hold

And when you’re by my side, I’ll never feel the cold

Darling, hold my hand and let our feelings unfold
Nothing will come betw
een this love,
That we call our own


Now that you wear my ring, its happiness that you bring

Walking down the aisle, an unbelievable thing

To whisper in your ears, the words I’d say to you

The words just meant for you, the words that say I do

Darling, hold my hand and let our feelings unfold
Nothing will come between this love,

That we call our own


Epilogue

Through blood and tears, it’s all worthwhile
Just to see, my angel smile
-me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home