Serendipity

Monday, October 01, 2007

A Union In Rhapsody




Rhapsodyn freely structured emotional piece of music; expression of ecstatic enthusiasm.



Ten months ago, many a close friend and family witnessed the union of two, the completion of two lives and the majesty of partnership. Our union of lives that is our registration of marriage. Now, as I pen my emotions into this digital interface of ones and zeros, I feel vividly immersed in this rhapsodic spectrum of affection. Even as my fingers run rapids across my keyboard, I still feel excitement seeping out, rekindling the adrenaline and enthusiasm, passively I smile to myself.

How does one describe a moment of complete serenity, where even in a room filled with many different individuals, the consciousness continue to resonate in one singular frequency. I guess that is the magic that none can or have attempted to explain. Where a moment so simple, so innocently pure and fragile carpets all other emotions to take precedence. This moment I speak of is that instance of unison after the sharing of vows. It was, for a lack of a better word, simply magically.


Never have I felt such faith amidst vulnerability and confidence amongst ambiguity. Contradicting as it may sound, that was the moment as it was. As I held her hands and while our eyes connected our souls, the faith we held recognized the vulnerability we were in, while assurance was shared that ambiguity was what made the union possible. Some have said that they could literally feel the sincerity we had in our vows. I couldn’t agree more, for I was momentarily paralyzed by her lips. When simple words connate a different dimension of comprehension, where time pauses into a relentless abyss of purity, honesty and sincerity.

To those who were present, I thank you for sharing this special moment with us, for all the well wishes but most importantly for all the smiles you shared. Not forgetting both our mums and dads for their support and blessings. To those who were not, I’d like to share our joyous moment through the following montage.











Epilogue
"In token and pledge
Of our constant faith and abiding love
With this ring I marry you"

-Spencer & Tiffany

"As both of you have given your consent before me to live together in matrimony,
and have solemnly promised each other to do so,
I now pronounce you Man and Wife"
- Mrs Tan






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home